Triboelectric laboratory charger for electrostatic charges generation on powdered or granular materials by the process of tribocarging that consist in creating an electrical potential difference between the materials
- Technology: Tribocharge
- Operation mode: Continuous
- Power: 0.45 kW
- Construction materials: Stainless steel, anti-static materials
- Maximum load capacity: 25 kg
- Dimensions: 1150x440x1050(h) mm
- Weight: 80
- Control: Digital control panel with LCD display
Tribocharger for research laboratories is a device designed to generate electrostatic charges on powdered or granular materials by the charging process, a phenomenon in which two materials are rubbed together, creating an electrical potential difference between them. The Stokkermill tribocharger is equipped with a charging chamber in which the materials to be treated are placed. These materials can be polymers, metal powders, ceramics, or other types of granular materials. When the device is turned on and set to the desired charging mode, the materials inside the charging chamber are subjected to a rubbing or stirring action. The main objective is to create relative motion between the materials, thus generating an electrostatic charge. During the rubbing process, electrons are transferred between the materials, causing an electrical potential difference between them. Some materials will acquire a positive charge, while others will acquire a negative charge, depending on their electrical properties and the interactions between the contact surfaces. Charging process can be regulated through the rubbing speed, the duration of the process and other controllable parameters. Once the electrostatic charging process is complete, the materials can be removed from the charging chamber and used for further applications or analysis. The electrostatic charge acquired can be exploited for separating materials based on their electrical properties, such as separating dielectric materials or separating conductive from non-conductive materials.
- Charging speed adjustment: Variable from 0 to 100%
- Charging time adjustment: Variable from 0 to 60 minutes
- Safety system: Overload and short-circuit protection
- Processable materials: Various powder or granule materials, including polymers, metal powders, ceramics, etc.
- Applications: Scientific research, experimentation, industrial process development, material testing, etc.